Termi-build Inspections Gladstone offer detailed termite inspections and reports. Our termite inspections are extremely thorough, so you are able to treat and control any infestations with the most accuracy and precision.
Termi-build use the latest in technology with Flir E75 thermal imaging cameras, in conjunction with moisture meter, borescope, and tapping tools. We use non-invasive tools and inspecting techniques as per AS4349 (Australian Standards) covering timber pest inspection, termite inspection, borer inspection and wood decay fungi (rot) inspection. We do not do just a 30minute walk around, our inspector will cover every nook and cranny of the dwelling that is accessible as well up to 30metres of the yard from the main building for any building defect, safety issues or the sign of timber pests or fungal decay. Most inspections take up to 2 hours.
Before you see termites in a home they have already been working away destroying the structure for some time. It is more likely you will hear or even smell termites. Our inspectors know exactly what to look for and can advise you on the best treatment and prevention methods.
Structural Problems, including:
- Cracking & Movement;
- Structural Timber Pest Damage.
Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage, including:
- Defective Plumbing;
- Roof Plumbing & Flashings;
- Defective or Bridged Damp Proof Course;
- Un-tradesman-like Work;
- Trees & Shrubs;
- Lack of Sub Floor Ventilation.
Additions & Improvements
Serious Safety Hazards
Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
Signs of Timber Pests, including:
- Fungal Decay;
- Wood Borers;
- Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage);
- Chemical Delignification.
Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including:
- Inadequate Subfloor Ventilation;
- Presence of Excessive Moisture;
- Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment;
- Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier;
- and/or “insufficient slab edge exposure”.
Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
Advice on Termite Prevention & Management
Benefits of Thermal Image Technology
Termi-Build inspections Gladstone has invested in the latest model of the Flir E75 Thermal Imaging Camera, so your inspection report will contain thermal imaging pictures if there is a potential problem found. All inspections by Termi-Build includes a full thermal image scan of the whole house. When it comes to a more efficient and thorough inspection of homes or properties you wish to purchase, thermal image cameras can help us discover any issues that are not easily seen with the naked eye.
- Helps us undertake a thorough and non-damaging inspection;
- Provides evidence of damage or pest infestations;
- Enables us to decide whether a property is a solid investment or not;
- Gives us an opportunity to point out any areas that may be undesirable about the property;
- Minimizes the time spent in checking for infestation or termite activity.
While a thermal image camera can perform numerous tasks seamlessly, there are some limitations to this type of technology and should not be relied on as a sole inspection tool. With complete visual and structural inspection, we can locate and determine any other concerns that exist on a particular property.
How Thermal Imaging Works
All objects has an existing heat pattern, which is caused by a range of environmental factors such as humidity, ambient temperature and sunlight. These objects are made from a number of aspects such as moisture content and density.
The technology behind thermal imaging is based on thermometers within the camera that can detect variations in heat. These areas are then displayed as images which we can then analyze and interpret.
Feedback from our customers
“I have known Brendan Lawn for over 10 years and have always found him to be friendly, very professional to deal with, efficient with excellent customer service. I would highly recommend him.”
Judy Whicker, Gladstone